Monday, June 29, 2020

Yesterday at Mass we sang 10000 Reasons, here are a few excerpts:
Bless the Lord, O my soul, O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before, O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes….

For all Your goodness, I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find


10000 Reasons for you and me to find the Joy, Praise, and the Spirit of God dwelling in us.  Jesus tells us “my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” – all of these and much more are offered to us.  The Prophet Zechariah [“The Lord remembers”] instructs us to “Rejoice heartily … shout for joy ….  For a people who have been saved, we sometimes neglect to live joyously, with gratitude for the gift of life – for the gift of salvation.

Zechariah tells us that our savior will be “meek” – not weak.  St. Francis deSales said, “There is nothing so strong as true gentleness & nothing so gentle as true strength.”  We have been chosen (you & I) to follow Jesus in humility and in gentleness.  In Psalm 145 we pray, “I will praise your name forever, my king and my God …. I will praise your name forever.”

How do you praise God’s name?  How you live God’s name?  Actions, deeds, words, life.  Living in the spirit enables us to live our vocation, to fulfill our God-given purpose here on earth.

Jesus shows us how to live as His Children, doing His work and following
His teachings.  Matthew says that what is important in life is not esoteric, in fact, it is available to all, even the “little ones.”



Jesus reminds us that He knows that life is difficult, demanding, stressed-filled and if we live His Gospel (the Word of God), our life will be joy-filled.  He tells us “… my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Jesus wants us to embrace our faith in Him, like little children, with openness, trust and hope.  Doing that will fill your life with joy, God’s joy, try it.


Take a few minutes to listen to 10000 Reasons:



           
May God Be Praised



No comments:

Post a Comment