Friday, February 28, 2020







SECOND STATION

Jesus is Made to Carry His Cross

I adore you, O Christ, and I bless you.

Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world

Jesus continues to speak to you.

My instrument of suffering and death has been thrust on me. Should I curse this heavy timber and those who laid it on me? No. The cross is neither bad nor good. My response alone determines whether it will be redemptive or destructive.

My cross did not come only from Pilate or the Roman soldiers. My cross came when I took on my Father’s work and became human. Your crosses are the same. They are your credentials for being human. The question is not whether life brings crosses, but rather your response to them.


      
I embraced my humanity. You must embrace your humanity. Resisting crosses lends itself to hatred of others and bitterness. Some woods are stronger than steel because they bend. Learn to bend. Learn the wisdom of triumphing through your crosses rather than in spite of them.

Lord Jesus, help us walk in your steps.

May God Be Praised!






No comments:

Post a Comment