Thursday, February 27, 2020






FIRST STATION

Matthew 27: 19-26:


Jesus is Commended to Death

I adore you, O Christ, and I bless you.

Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.

Jesus now speaks to you, Pilate has just read my death sentence.

Pilate told me when and how I would die. You may not get that blessing. You won’t have a Pilate to tell you the place, the time or the circumstances of your death. Yet you stand condemned to death as surely as I was. You were destined to die the moment you were conceived. That is part of being human.



      
Do you think of that very often? If you thought about your death, you could see more clearly that some of the things you are most obsessed with are the least important. You would not be so worried about money, clothes, cars and careers. These things don’t make you precious. These things won’t help you when your time to die comes.

I remind you of your death not because my Father and I want you to be fearful of your future. I remind you to help you live fully and freely as my brothers and sisters, as sons and daughters of my Father. In my death and resurrection, you will receive the power to do that.

Lord Jesus, help us to walk in Your steps.

May God Be Praised!













No comments:

Post a Comment