Saturday, January 25, 2020



Yesterday we celebrated the feast day of St. Francis de Sales, who believed that we should Live Jesus, below are several additional spiritual insights from the Gentlemen Saint.


 
There are, also, two prayers, the Direction of Intention to help you focus your day at its beginning and the Day is Ending to enable you to review your day at its conclusion.

Check out a little gem of St. Francis de Sales’ Wisdom with a copy of his Golden Counsels: http://embracedbygod.org/product/golden-counsels-of-st-francis-de-sales/


Direction of Intention

My God, I give you this day.  I offer you, now, all of the good
that I shall do … and I promise to accept, for love of you, all of the difficulty that I shall meet.  Help me to conduct myself during this day In a manner pleasing to you.
    
Day is Ending

Thank you for all the gifts of the day, for the place I spent it And for those with whom I spent it, for all its joys and all its sorrows, for the troubles overcome and for those that remain.

I offer you the silence of this night, its darkness and its solitude.  Whether you chose under the cover of this night to take away the problems of this day, or leave them for tomorrow, I will bless your name.

Thy will be done.         


“Nothing in this world can satisfy the person who is not first satisfied with God.” 

“Let us be who we are and be that well, in order to bring honor to the Master craftsman whose handiwork we are.”  (Oeurves, XII. Letter 289 10 June 1607)

“Walk joyfully through life and if at times you cannot walk with faith & courage.”  (Everyday with Francis deSales, June 12)

“Do not look forward to the changes and chances of this life with fear; rather look upon them with strong hope that, as they arise, God, whose child you are, will deliver you from them.” 




Each day TRUST in God, each moment TRUST in God, TRUST in God’s will and live as a child of God.  Easy to write, easy to say, but very hard to live, but so rewarding.


May God Be Praised!





No comments:

Post a Comment