Thursday, January 23, 2020




In Matthew’s Gospel, Jesus tells us how we will be judged 25: 31 – 46.
We are called by Jesus to “Live Jesus”, to be His disciple.



The way we live, our words but more importantly our actions, present Jesus to the world or casts “doubt” on Christianity.  Christianity is hard work, hard work filled with joy but hard work, nonetheless.

Josh Groban has a wonderful song titled “You Raise Me Up”
“When I am down, and oh my soul, so weary.
When troubles come and my heart burdened be.
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence.
Until you come and sit a while with me.
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up…to more than I can be.
You raise me up…to more than I can be.”

Jesus calls us to be all that we can be, and at our best we are children made in the image and likeness of God, living that image in the world. 
 

Reflect on the disciples on the Road to Emmaus “…were not our hearts burning….”  Does your heart burn upon hearing or reading the Word of God [the Scriptures]?  If yes, keep doing what you are doing, if no, ask God to stir the embers of the Lord’s love in your heart.



 
All the children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic school for lunch.mmAt the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The teacher left a note that read, “Take only one, God is watching.”




 

Moving through the line, to the other end of the table, was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies.  A boy wrote this note, “Take all you want, God is watching the apples.”



In our lives as Christians, we are constantly moving either to God or away from God.  Jesus saved us over 2,000 years ago. Now we are challenged to allow His saving grace to mold us, to renew us, to form us and to redeem us.  “Take courage and turn troubles which you cannot remedy into material for progress and maturity.” (de Sales)

Today and everyday begin by thanking God and remembering, to give each worry you have to the Lord of Lords.  He doesn’t want you to worry, but to be His joy-filled follower.

Remember God is watching the apples, and God is watching over you.  Today eat an extra chocolate chip cookie to remind yourself that are precious to the Lord.



May God Be Praised!




No comments:

Post a Comment