Tuesday, August 6, 2019



Pride is deadly sin!
Sophocles in his play Antigone wrote, “All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil.  The only crime is pride.”  Pride is not the only sin, but it is the root of many of our sins.

Jesus calls us to be HUMBLE!
Lilly Tomlin, the comedian said, “The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat.”  (Sermon Resources, 9/1/13)
HUMILITY means TRUTH!           
Let’s look at a few TRUTHS: each one of us is a sinner, each one of us must battle pride, and our Christian faith commits us to work on being HUMBLE!
HUMILITY is awareness that we are children of God, that we need God, that God’s love and forgiveness are limitless.
Humility is the TRUTH that our dignity is sacred because we are made in God’s image and likeness.
Ponder this powerful reflection from
Jim Forest, “If I cannot find the face of Jesus in the face of those whom I regard as enemies, if I cannot find him in the unbeautiful and damaged, if I cannot find him in those who have the “wrong ideas,” if I cannot find him in the poor and the defeated, then how will I find him in bread and wine or in the life after death?
If I do not reach out in this world to those with whom he has identified, why do I imagine that I will want to be with him, and them, in heaven?
Why would I want to be for all eternity in the company of those I avoided every day of my life?”
[Source: Daily Dig for August 2, 2019 and Loving Our Enemies: Reflections on the Hardest Commandment]
 

For a few minutes reflect on where you see the face of Jesus?


May God Be Praised!









No comments:

Post a Comment