Thursday, August 1, 2019


MERCY!  How often do you think about or reflect on God’s Mercy?

How often do you think about or reflect on THANKING God for the mercy He has shown to you or to others?
  
An elderly man was walking on the beach where he finds a magic lamp.  He immediately rubs it and a genie appears.  The genie says, “I shall grant you one wish!”

The man thought for a moment and said, “My brother & I had a fight 30 years ago and he hasn’t spoken to me since.  I wish he would finally forgive me.”

The genie deeply moved and said, “Your wish has been granted!’  Then the genie said I’ve been around a long time and most people ask for riches or wealth but you have asked for the love of your brother.  Is that because you are old and don’t have much time left?

“Heaven’s no” the old man replied my brother doesn’t have much time left and he is worth 60 million dollars.

The story about the genie and the elderly man had unexpected twist, so does the Gospel story about Zacchaeus!

Zacchaeus was a well-known sinner who was gouging his own people for the Romans.  The Gospel has two unexpected twists: 1st Zacchaeus admits he needs God’s help and, 2nd Jesus offers Zacchaeus an invitation to change and improve his life. 



God’s mercy is at work in today and every day make some time today to reflect upon God’s mercy.

May God Be Blessed!





No comments:

Post a Comment