Thursday, July 4, 2019


 
The quality of our lives will ultimately be measured in how we reflect God’s love, mercy and compassion to the world; on how we reflect God to God’s people. 

“… Jesus makes (it) clear that our lives are not about amassing fortunes … God has not given this precious time to fill our barns with more of the latest, the best, the biggest – things….”  (Connections, Aug. 2007)

“In the 1960’s all-pro (football) star Jerry Kramer (Packers) wrote “Instant Replay” (a best seller)…. he asked, ‘What’s my purpose here on earth besides playing the silly game I play on Sunday?’

In the 1980’s he wrote a sequel “Distant Replay” and it opens with this provocative?  ‘What have I done with my life?’

Kramer answers, regretfully, that he failed to do the one thing that he should have done: pass on proper values to his kids.  He wrote, I hadn’t done for my children what my father had done for me.’”  (Mark Link Action, p.293)

How well are we passing on the Gospel values, to our families, friends and others?

The real purpose of life is to live the will of God and to live it to the best of our ability!



Happy 4th of July!  And may God bless the U.S.A.!


May God Be Praised!




No comments:

Post a Comment