Sunday, July 28, 2019




Jesus reminds us to “Come away by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.”  When I was growing up each day seemed to have 30 hours in it.  Today each day seems to have 15 hours in it.   
Jesus invites to be aware of God’s presence in our lives and in our world.  Come away to a deserted place and rest for a while.

A deserted place is a symbol for learning to be fed, to be tamed by God!  Some call it “Sabbath Rest” and some call it “Solitude.”  The Lord Who wants to TAME us gave us the Psalms and one of the most beloved Psalms is: “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
In verdant pastures he gives me repose; beside restful waters he leads me; 
he refreshes my soul. 
He guides me in right paths for his name's sake. 
Even though I walk in the dark valley 
I fear no evil; for you are at my side with your rod and your staff 
that give me courage….
Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD 
for years to come.” 

You and I are the BELOVED of God!
Take a few minutes today to thank God for loving you, allow God’s presence to sink deep into your being, be TAMED by God and it will enrich your life.
May God Be Praised!               





No comments:

Post a Comment