Tuesday, July 16, 2019




A parish priest in Palermo, Sicily sponsored a children’s poetry and art competition around the theme of peace.  He received over 120,000 entries, the winning one was a poem entitled, "Painting Peace."
                                    



“Painting Peace”

“I had a box of colors.

There was no red for the blood of my wounds.

There was no black to paint the mourning of my loved ones.

I didn’t have yellow for the world’s jealousies.

I had blue: I sat down and painted peace.”

PEACE seems to elude the human community that is why our preparation for the Kingdom of Christ, “The Prince of Peace”, is so important.

“He shall judge between the nations, and impose terms on many peoples.
They shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks; one nation shall not raise the sword against another, nor shall they train for war again.  O house of Jacob, come, let us walk in the light of the Lord!” 
 
[From the Canticle of Isaiah 2]


Today pray for peace, live for peace and bring peace to all those you meet today.  Paint peace by your life.

May God Be Praised!




No comments:

Post a Comment