Thursday, July 1, 2021

How Can We Navigate the Troubled Waters in Our Life?


Simon and Garfunkel’s hit record, “Bridge over Troubled waters” and these verses from, "Bridge Over Troubled Water"

“When you're weary, feeling small,

When tears are in your eyes

I will dry them all

I'm on your side

Oh when times get rough

And friends just can't be found

Like a bridge over troubled water

I will lay me down

Like a bridge over troubled water

I will lay me down”

 


Jesus is our Bridge over Troubled Water, He laid down His life for you and for me.

Remember when Jesus was walking toward the Apostles on the water, and He said, “Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.”  Peter said to him in reply, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.”

He said, “Come.” Peter got out of the boat and began to walk on the water toward Jesus.  But when he saw how [strong] the wind was he became frightened; and, beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!”

When we are in distress or in trouble, we can ask the Lord to assist us but then we must Trust Jesus as we navigate the turbulence in our life.  We, often, imitate Peter and ask the Lord to aid us, and then we allow our fears to overtake our Faith and Trust in Jesus and His Word.

Remember, After they got into the boat, the wind died down.”  The troubles in our lives will die down when we get into the boat of life with Jesus at the helm.

St. Joseph pray for us. 

St. Andre Bessette intercede for us. 

May God Be Praised.





1 comment: