Monday, July 5, 2021

Worship


 

Patrick was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place.  Looking up to heaven he said, "Lord take pity on me.   If you find me a parking place, I will go to Mass every Sunday for the rest of my life and give up me Irish Whiskey!"  Miraculously, a parking place appeared.  Patrick looked up again and said, "Never mind Lord, I found one myself."

 

Bishop Barron shared some thoughts on why we should attend Mass, he said, The Mass is mystery, beauty Mass, is the privileged place of encounter with Jesus Christ …. We think Christianity is a relationship with Christ—and where does that happen? It happens at Mass …. The Mass is what is utterly beautiful for its own sake…. [it is] … the ‘supreme form of worship.’

 

Bishop Barron offers us this insight into our worship, in particular our worship in Mass.  “One of the most important insights I’ve gotten is that you become what you worship,” he said. “Whatever you place of highest value you tend to become. When you go to Mass, you put Jesus Christ at the center of your life. You are becoming more aligned with him—becoming more like him. We don’t just see him from afar.”

 

In the psalms we pray: “I am sure I shall see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living.  Hope I am sure I shall see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living.  Hope in him, hold firm and take heart.  Hope in the Lord! in him, hold firm and take heart.  Hope in the Lord!”

 

Spend a few minutes reflecting on why you worship the Lord, as well as how you worship the Lord.

Today we celebrate our Independence Day [since July 4 was a Sunday], please take a moment to thank God for our nation and listen to this beautiful version of our national anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=y2V0rG_4Ax4&feature=emb_title

 

 

May God Bless America.

St. Joseph pray for us. 

St. Andre Bessette intercede for us. 

May God Be Praised.  





2 comments: