Saturday, February 13, 2021

Offered by Dcn. George Kelly

                                                     What should we pray for?

 

“I call with all my heart; Lord hear me, I will keep your commands.  I will call upon you, save me and I will do your will.”  [Psalm 119]

 

Pope Francis on World Day of Social Communications Offered this Prayer

“Lord, teach us to move beyond ourselves,

and to set out in search of truth.

 

Teach us to go out and see,

teach us to listen,

not to entertain prejudices

or draw hasty conclusions.

 

Teach us to go where no one else will go,

to take the time needed to understand,

to pay attention to the essentials,

not to be distracted by the superfluous,

to distinguish deceptive appearances from the truth.

 

Grant us the grace to recognize your dwelling places in our world

and the honesty needed to tell others what we have seen.”

[Rome, Saint John Lateran, 23 January 2021, Vigil of the Memorial of Saint Francis de Sales]

 

The psalmist prays, “If today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts.”  Let us not harden our hearts and pray for the needs of others and for our needs.

 

Reflect on our prayer at Mass, the prayer of the Roman Centurion, “Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof.  But say the word and my soul shall be healed.”  Let that humble prayer be the foundation of what we should pray for, for the humility to follow God and love God with all our heart.

 

 

Read Pope Francis’ Prayer [above] once again slowly and allow his words to penetrate your heart.

 

Saint Joseph, pray for us.

 

Saint Andre Bessette intercede for us.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment