Thursday, February 11, 2021

Offered by Dcn. George Kelly


                                                    Living the Christian Life

 


St. Catherine of Siena provided us this powerful insight, "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."  We are called to be light in the world, reflecting the light of Christ to each person we meet.

 

In pursuing that commission, which was given to us at our Baptism, enriched by our Confirmation, nourished by the Eucharist and renewed by Reconciliation our vocation [job on earth] is to shine the light of the Lord in the darkness of our time.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

St. Ambrose said, "I will glory not because I am righteous, but because I am redeemed; I will glory not because I am free from sins, but because my sins are forgiven me. I will not glory because I have done good nor because someone has done good to me, but because Christ is my advocate with the Father and because the blood of Christ has been shed for me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And St. Francis de Sales taught us that “The worst way of speaking is to speak too much. Therefore, speak little and well, speak little and gently, speak little and charitably, speak little and amiably.”


 

How brightly is your light shining and how can you increase its luminosity?

 

Saint Joseph, pray for us.

 

Saint Andre Bessette intercede for us.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment