Friday, May 15, 2020










COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer

 
St. Clement said, "The Lord has turned all our sunsets into sunrise."  So today, we pray Father, in Heaven, we long for the sunrise that marks the end of the COVID 19 Pandemic until that time give us the courage to accept the grace of patience, kindness and gentleness, to help us through this crisis.  Watch over those who come to You in Hope, strengthen their hearts and give them fortitude to shine Your light in our world filled with darkness.


St. Francis de Sales teaches us, “Let God be the air in which your heart breathes at ease.”  Breathing God will fill our hearts with hope and our souls with assurance that this [coronavirus pandemic] to will pass





Flannery O’Connor insightfully points out TRUST not certainty is the foundation of our faith.  “When we get our spiritual house in order, we'll be dead.  This goes on. You arrive at enough certainty to be able to make your way, but it is making it in darkness.  Don’t expect faith to clear things up for you.  It is trust, not certainty.[italics and underlining added by me]







In the uncertain and unusual time that we are currently living through, our faith in Jesus will enable us to TRUST that He is with us and if we are lost, He will find us like the two disciples on the Road to Emmaus.  Until we can, once again, receive the Bread of Life TRUST that the maker of that bread awaits our return.

You and I as disciples of Jesus Christ are called to be light bearers, hope bearers and Heaven bearers, St. Ignatius of Loyola said, “He who carries God in his heart bears heaven with him wherever he goes."

Listen to the Prayer played by a String Quartet as you read Lord, You Are All I Need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IMS8C0ZV1I

I TRUST You Lord, give me Grace,
I LOVE You Lord, give me Peace,
I NEED You Lord, give me Hope,
I FOLLOW You Lord, give me Light.

You are all I need, thank you Lord,
You are all I need, thank you Lord.

When it’s Darkest Lord, You are There,
When it’s Cloudy Lord, You shine Light,
When it’s Rainy Lord, You provide Cover,
When it’s Stormy Lord, You give Shelter. 

You are all I need, thank you Lord,
You are all I need, thank you Lord.

I TRUST You Lord, give me Grace,
I LOVE You Lord, give me Peace,
I NEED You Lord, give me Hope,
I FOLLOW You Lord, give me Light.

You are all I need, thank you Lord,
You are all I need, thank you Lord.

When all seems Lost Lord, You are Hope,
When the world is Dark, You are Light,
When the path is unclear, You are Direction,
When my heart is heavy, You are Healing.

You are all I need, thank you Lord,
You are all I need, thank you Lord.

Amen.


May God Be Praised!








No comments:

Post a Comment