Sunday, May 10, 2020






COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer




On this COVID 19 Pandemic Mother’s Day I offer prayers of Thanksgiving for my Mom, my Mother-in-law, and for my wife who is acknowledged by our five children in the picture below.

On this most unusual Mother’s Day take some time to thank God for your mother and for all mothers.  Take some time to pray for your Mom and for all Moms.



Ask the Blessed Mother to intercede with her Son for His blessing on all mothers and for an end to our COVID 19 Pandemic.  The cartoon below indicates our strange circumstances but make the best of this time and when we move from this COVID Cloud the Son of God will shine more brightly in ourselves and in our world.

In our COVID 19 world clinging to our faith in hope and in trust is fundamental to our well-being spiritually and emotionally, below a few insights and the Serenity prayer to help us remember God our loving Father is with us on this journey.  St. Francis de Sales teaches us, “Do not be afraid.  Let your weary, listless heart rest against the sacred, loving breast of this Savior who, by his providence is a father to his children, and by his gentle, tender love is a mother to them.”

Thomas Merton wrote in Thoughts in Solitude, “I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.” (Thoughts in Solitude, p. 81)

May be this version of the Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr: will aid you during this time.
“God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him forever in the next.”  Amen
Happy Mother’s Day to my Mom and my Mother-in-law in heaven, my wife Joanne, my daughter Elizabeth, my daughters-in-law Laurie and Amy; may God’s blessing be upon them and all Mothers today and every day.
May God Be Blessed!








No comments:

Post a Comment