Saturday, May 9, 2020







A Coronavirus Prayer








Each morning I begin my day this way:
 
“My God, I give you this day.
  I offer you, now, all of the good that I shall do …
  and I promise to accept, for love of you,
  all of the difficulty that I shall meet.
  Help me to conduct myself during this day
  In a manner pleasing to you.”  [de Sales]



Lord, open my lips to praise your holy name, cleanse my heart from all worthless, evil, or distracting thoughts.  Grant me the wisdom and love, I need, to pray this Office with reverence and devotion. 
Father let my prayer be heard in your presence, for it is offered through Our Lord Jesus Christ; fill me with Your Love that I may shine Your Radiance to this world.
Come, Holy Spirit, [Come] fill the hearts of Your faithful. 
And enkindle in us the fire of Your love.
Send forth Your Spirit and we shall be created.
And You will renew the face of the earth.  Amen.

Then I pray Morning Prayer and the Office of Readings, which can be found at: http://www.ibreviary.org/en/tools/ibreviary-on-your-website.html



Today I offer a Few Thoughts on Prayer, in particular, Prayer in  distress.

“Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal …. my spirit fails; my heart is numb within me …. to you I stretch out my hands.   Like a parched land my soul thirsts for you.  Lord, make haste and answer ….”   [Psalm 143]

“I am like a pelican of the wilderness. I have become an owl of the desert. 
I lie awake and have become like a bird alone on a rooftop.”  [Psalm 102]


Lord God, COVID 19 has knocked us off balance, now as we pray, we ask You for healing and help, “Your will be done.” 

During a COVID 19 Pandemic time we have an opportunity to focus more fully and faithfully on Prayer.  Below are Seven Pillars to reflect on as ways to deepen our life in God:

o   Silence

o   Looking at myself

o   Listening attentively to God

o   Putting my Mind into my Heart

o   Putting my Heart into my Hands & giving it to God

o   Asking do I believe that God loves me

o   Why do I Pray, for what I want or for what God wants for me?

The Our Father has two key elements in it, 1. “Thy will be done” and 2. “Your Kingdom come.”  Are those two elements central to your spiritual life, central to each decision you make?

A lot to ponder as we journey through the pandemic, is it your time to ponder?    
In the coronavirus pandemic period in which we are currently living take the opportunity to reflect on what place God’s Kingdom and God’s will have in your daily existence.




May God Be Praised!




No comments:

Post a Comment