Thursday, February 28, 2019




Our hope lies in God’s great mercy and accepting God's great love.  Thomas Merton and St. Augustine give us great insight into God’s mercy and God’s love.

Where did I find you,  that I came to know you? You were not within my memory before I learned of you. Where, then, did I find you before I came to know you, if not within yourself, far above me? We come to you and go from you, but no place is involved in this process. In every place, O Truth, you are present to those who seek your help, and at one and the same time you answer all, though they seek your counsel on different matters…

Late have I loved you, O beauty ever ancient, ever new, late have I loved you… You touched me, and I burned for your peace

[From the Confessions of Saint Augustine, bishop]





“Thomas Merton observed that ‘the root of Christian love is … the faith that one is loved by God.’”


May God Be Praised!




No comments:

Post a Comment