Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Blog Post 9/13/2023 - Prayer to aid us in our Examen [examination of conscience].

 

 

Prayer to aid us in our Examen [examination of conscience].

 

Dear God, I offer You my good deeds and my gratitude for Your love and Your patience.  The Psalmist instructs us to live “… like a tree that is planted beside the flowing waters ….”  Our flowing water is Your Grace.  St. Francis de Sales offers us this insight, “The good [person] is like a tree planted by the waterside that will bring forth its fruit in due season, because when a soul is watered with charity, it brings forth good works seasonably and with discretion.”  And de Sales offers us this guiding principle, "What is the prize if is not Jesus Christ?  How can you take hold of him if you do not follow him." 

Lord thank you, for today, with each of its joys and each of its sorrows.  As the sun begins to set, quiet my heart, my mind and my soul so I can ponder my faithfulness.  Take my failures, fill them with Your Grace and make good come from them.    

May the silence of this night, its darkness and quiet, prepare me for tomorrow and enable me to be grateful, as I bless Your holy name.  Give me the Courage to do Your Will for Your Honor and Your Glory.  Anoint me with Your forgiveness as You fill me with the Blessings of Repentance and a Renewed commitment to follow You.  Grant me the fortitude to make You the center of my life.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 May God Be Praised.






No comments:

Post a Comment