Saturday, November 26, 2022

Blog Post 11/26/2022 "Lord, I long to see Your face.'

 

Lord, I long to see Your face.

The gift of my Catholic faith prepares my heart, my will and my soul for eternity.  Despite my flaws and my sins, despite the flaws and sins of all people, the Faith of our Fathers sustains us.  It sustains us through the Sacraments, especially The Eucharist [the Body & Blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ], nourishes us with God’s Word and guides us through the troubled waters of our time by the gift of the Apostolic Succession.

 

Reflect on Gollum's Riddle

In the Hobbit by JRR Tolkien, Bilbo Baggins has met Gollum for the first time. Bilbo is lost and needs to find his way out of Gollum's cave. Gollum will show him the way out if he can answer a riddle.

This thing all things devours,

Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;

Gnaws iron, bites steel;

Grinds hard stone to meal;

Slays king, ruins town,

And beats high mountain down.

Bilbo is stumped. He doesn't know the answer to the riddle and after being pressured by Gollum says, "Give me time." Gollum hears the word "time" and mistakenly takes it as Bilbo’s answer, which of course is right. Time devours all things, even massive Temples.  [Brett Blair, www.Sermons.com]

Time devours all things, but not one person, what we do with our time on earth is our gift to our Creator.  Time ceases in eternity and the Beatific Vision will sustain us forever after, love itself fills us.

 

May God Be Praised.

 

 

 

 

 





2 comments: