Monday, November 21, 2022

Blog Post 11/21/2022 – Wedding Anniversary # 52

 


Our First Dance as Wife and Husband was to the Beetles song:Here, There, Everywhere
 

 

In Proverbs we read, “When one finds a worthy wife, her value is far beyond pearls.  Her husband, entrusting his heart to her, has an unfailing prize.  She brings him good, and not evil, all the days of her life.  She obtains wool and flax and works with loving hands.  She puts her hands to the distaff, and her fingers ply the spindle.  She reaches out her hands to the poor and extends her arms to the needy.  Charm is deceptive and beauty fleeting; the woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.  Give her a reward for her labors, and let her works praise her at the city gates.”


Today my wife and I celebrate our 52nd Wedding Anniversary, and I am grateful to God for sending her into my life and for her yes, to marrying me.  She is wonderful in so many ways.  She is my wife, my best friend, a wonderful mother to our children, a terrific grandmother, sings like an angel, a beautiful person; she reflects God’s love.


 

“Marriage is not a ritual or an end.  It is a long, intricate, intimate dance together and nothing matters more than your own sense of balance and your choice of partner.”  I have been blessed with a wonderful partner.

St. Paul tells us that Love is, “patient, kind, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails.”  In marriage love is stretched and stretched again, but with the grace of God it increases and perdures.

We have remained in God's love and in love with each other, a beautiful gift.  Victor Hugo wrote, “To love another is to see the face of God.”  St. Francis de Sales said, “The measure of love is to love without measure.”  We have tried to live that in our marriage, may we continue each day that God grants us.

  

Today I thank God for my wife, my best friend and the wonderful mother of our children, who is, also, a terrific mother-in-law, grandmother [“G”, Grammy, etc.] and friend.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

 

 





8 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary my friends. We were with you 52 years ago and are so happy you are still in our lives. Santa and Donnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 52nd Wedding Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary. Lionel and I would have celebrated our 51st on November 20th.

    ReplyDelete