Thursday, September 29, 2022

Blog Post 9/29/2022 – Keep your Heart and your Will Focused on Eternal Life

 

In 1 Corinthians we read, “Eye has not seen, ear has not heard nor has it so much as dawned on us what God has prepared for those who love Him.”

When life starts or continues to weight you down “When you’re weary, feeling small, When tears are in your eyes…”* go to the Lord who will hold you in the palm of His hand and help you through your troubles.   

*[Simon and Garfunkel, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Lyrics by Paul Simon]

 

Remember to love God first because He first loved you, trust in the Lord.  Jesus tells us in the Gospel of Matthew, “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”  [28-30]

May God Be Praised.





No comments:

Post a Comment