Sunday, June 12, 2022

Blog Post 6/12/2022 – THE MOST HOLY TRINITY

 


As we celebrate THE MOST HOLY TRINITY, let us focus not on the mystery to be understood, but on the mystery to be lived.

Water in Christian theology is seen a means of purification, and so we ask God to cleanse us every time we use holy water, pray the prayer below when you place your fingers into the holy water font.

“Sprinkle me, O Lord, with hyssop, and I shall be cleansed;

wash me, and I shall be made whiter than the snow.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.” [Psalm 51]

Then bless yourself, “In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”  Realizing that you are praying inside the Trinity.

My favorite metaphor for the Trinity was developed by the theologian Hans Urs von Balthasar, “Every act of speech consists of a speaker, a word, and the breath that animates the voice and enables the word to be spoken…. Within the Trinity the Father is the speaker, the Son is the word, and the Holy Spirit is the breath.”  [Hans Urs von Balthasar’s description of the Trinity in Longing to See Your Face by Thomas Scirghi, p.37]               

May God Be Praised!

 

 





1 comment:

  1. Amen.
    Thanks.
    Blessings / Peace.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=0XpnOdIE_EM

    ReplyDelete