Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Blog Post 6/08/2022 – Perspective



A few days ago, Fr. O’Reilly took out his cell phone and called the Pope Francis [amazingly he got through to the Holy Father], he told the Pope that Jesus [Himself] walking toward him down the main street in his little town outside of Dublin, Fr. O’Reilly asked the Pope “What’ll I do?

 

Pope Francis said, “Look busy!”  

 

 

 

Looking out at the ocean, I experienced how tiny we human beings are in the universe, Looking up at the sky, I had a similar experience.  Then I reflected on Jesus, the Second Person of the blessed Trinity Who became one of us in His Incarnation to show us how to live.  

 

 


When I reflect on the ocean, the universe, and Christ, I think although I appear small on this earth, I am part of God’s wonderful creation, unique to all other humans, but similar to all other humans through Jesus, the Son of God and Savior of the world.

 

 

 

Jesus, fully human and fully divine sought one sheep, one small coin and two selfish sons, and it dawned on me that the Creator of the universe loves each one of us personally and individually.  The cosmos is wondrous gift from God to us, Jesus is the gift beyond all gifts – He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

 

We are called not to look busy, but to be busy building God’s Kingdom here on earth, in fact that is why we are here.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

 

 





2 comments: