Sunday, July 26, 2020










I ask you to join me and cry out from the depths of your heart to the Lord who hears us.

“Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.” [Psalm 143] God, You are our refuge and our hope, we turn to you during this COVID 19 pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….” [Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic].

Provide strength to the first responders and medical personnel.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Bring Your light to all who wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give each of us hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 
Our family vacation at the beach was a great gift, it was refreshing, and the 2020 family photo is below:



 

Joanne and I will celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary on November 21, 2020, however, our vacation afforded us the opportunity to celebrate it early with our children, daughters-in-law, son-in-law and grandchildren, while we vacationed together, last week.  They surprised us with dinner and a Papal Blessing (pictured below), a beautiful and moving surprise.





Today, we reflect on excerpts from Psalm 51 as we celebrate God’s gift of life, family and salvation.

Have mercy on me, God, in your kindness.
In your compassion blot out my offense.
O wash me more and more from my guilt
and cleanse me from my sin.

Indeed, you love truth in the heart;
then in the secret of my heart teach me wisdom.
O purify me, then I shall be clean;
O wash me, I shall be whiter than snow.

Make me hear rejoicing and gladness ….
A pure heart create for me, O God,
put a steadfast spirit within me….

my sacrifice, a contrite spirit.
A humbled, contrite heart you will not spurn.

May God Be Praised.






2 comments:

  1. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  2. The family photo is priceless. Congratulations on the newest grandchildren ❣️

    ReplyDelete