Friday, July 3, 2020


“Do to no one what you yourself dislike. Give to the hungry some of your bread, and to the naked some of your clothing. Seek counsel from every wise man. At all times bless the Lord God and ask him to make all your paths straight and to grant success to all your endeavors and plans.” [Tobit 4:15a. 16a. 18a. 19]

“In the 1960’s all-pro (football) star Jerry Kramer (Green Bay Packers) wrote “Instant Replay” (a best seller) ….  In it he asks, ‘What’s my purpose here on earth besides playing the silly game I play on Sunday?’  In the 1980’s he wrote a sequel “Distant Replay” and it opens with this provocative?   ‘What have I done with my life?’

Kramer answers, regretfully, that he failed to do the one thing that he should have done: pass on proper values to his kids.  He wrote, I hadn’t done for my children what my father had done for me.’”  (Mark Link, Action, p.293)


  
How well are we passing on the Gospel values, to our families, friends & others?
The real purpose of life is to find out what God wants us to do & then to do it to the best of our ability!  “Possessions create an illusion that we have control over our destiny ….  The secret of life is finding out what God wants us to do & then enjoy doing it.”  (Connections, Aug. 2007)

Today we conclude our “Daily Dose of God” with a prayer, “Incline my heart according to your will, O God.  Incline my heart according to your will, O God.
Speed my steps along your path, according to your will, O God.”

May God Be Praised!







No comments:

Post a Comment