Thursday, April 20, 2023

Blog Post 4/20/2023 - A Glimpse into St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

A Glimpse into St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

 

Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque, the famous saint of the Sacred Heart devotion was requested by Our Lord in the 17th century to remember Gethsemane in a special way on Thursday nights.  He said, “Here (in Gethsemane) I suffered inwardly more than in the rest of my passion because I was totally alone, abandoned by heaven and earth, burdened with the sins of mankind … In order for you to be united with me, in the humble prayer that I presented to my Father in the midst of all that anguish, you will arise between eleven o’clock and midnight … for one hour with me.” 

 

"The Divine Heart is an ocean full of all good things, wherein poor souls can cast all their needs; it is an ocean full of joy to drown all our sadness, an ocean of humility to drown our folly, an ocean of mercy to those in distress, an ocean of love in which to submerge our poverty."  [St. Margaret Mary]

 

Spend sometime today [Thursday] meditating on the Sacred Heart of Jesus and allow His great love to envelop you.

 

May God Be Praised.

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment