Saturday, May 4, 2024

Blog Post 5/04/2024 - Suffering

 

 

It is what we do with our suffering that helps us grow or stumble on our road here on earth.  Pray part of Psalm 18 slowly, “I love you, Lord, my strength, my rock, my fortress, my savior.  My God is the rock where I take refuge; my shield, my mighty help, my stronghold.” 

 

St. Francis de Sales offers us this insight, Let God gather what He has planted in His garden, He takes nothing out of season.”  In God’s season, we find our ultimate hope, the land of the living. 

 

de Sales, also, taught us, “Do not look forward to the changes and chances of this life with fear; rather look upon them with strong hope that, as they arise, God, whose child you are, will deliver you from them.”  Begin each day TRUSTING in God, live each moment in that TRUST, and allow TRUSTING God’s WILL to DIRECT your life - then you will live as a child of God.  Easy to write, easy to say, but very hard to live.

 

St. Francis de Sales said, “Let nothing disturb you; Let nothing frighten you.  All things are passing.  God never changes.  Patience obtains all things.  Nothing is wanting to him who possesses God.  Go alone suffices.” 

 

I hope these insights help us to remember to pray for the strength to follow God’s will, not to change God’s mind, to pray for the strength to accept what comes your way as from the hand of God.

 

May God Be Praised.





No comments:

Post a Comment