Monday, March 11, 2024

Blog Post 3/11/2024 – Do the Father’s Will

 

 

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton provided us with this insight, “And what was the first rule of our dear Savior’s life?  You know it was to do his Father’s will.  Well, then, the first end I propose in our daily work is to do the will of God; secondly, to do it in the manner he wills; and thirdly, to do it because it is his will.”

 

 

Doing the Father’s Will should be our top priority, and to review how we do each day, I suggest we pray the Day Is Ending prayer from St. Francis de Sales.

“Thank you for all the gifts [name the gifts] of the day,
for the place I spent it [
name the place(s)]
And for those with whom I spent it [
name the people], for all its joys [name the joys]
and all its sorrows [
name the sorrows], for the troubles  overcome [name them] and for those that remain [
name them].
I offer you the silence of this night, its darkness and its solitude.
Whether you chose under the cover of this night to take away the problems of this day [
name them], or leave them for tomorrow, I will bless your name.
Thy will be done.   Amen.

May God Be Praised.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment