Friday, March 1, 2024

Blog Post 3/01/2024 - Lord hear my prayer and answer me.

 


 “Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth, and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.” (Psalm 25)

Henri Nouwen offers us this reflection, Against my own best intentions, ….  When I give advice, I want to know whether it is being followed; when I offer help, I want to be thanked; when I give money, I want it to be used my way; when I do something good, I want to be remembered.”

During this Lent let’s take a few minutes to meditate on the Prodigal Son’s Father.  He is not concerned about himself, he is focused on sharing Gods’ love with his family and with those whom he meets.

This Lent Lord help me learn I give without wanting anything in return, love without conditions or expectations?   “… Lord teach me Your paths .… [help me] wait for You all the day long.”

May God Be Praised.





No comments:

Post a Comment