Sunday, January 28, 2024

Blog Post 1/28/2024 – A Beautiful Surprise.

 

                                                                A Beautiful Surprise.

Fr. Pedro Arupe shared this story,  After Mass, a big fellow whose looks could have inspired fear came up to me and said, ‘Come to my house. I have something to honor you.’ I remained uncertain, not knowing whether I should accept or not, but the priest who was accompanying me said, ‘Go with him, Father. The people are very good.’ 
So I went to his house, which was a half-falling shack, and he made me sit down on a rickety chair. From where I was seated, the sun could be seen as it was setting. The fellow said to me, ‘Señor, see how beautiful it is,’ and we remained silent for some minutes.

The sun disappeared. The man added, ‘I did not know how to thank you for all that you have done for us. I have nothing to give you, but I thought you'd like to see the sunset. It pleased you, didn't it? Have a good evening.’ He then gave me his hand. As I was leaving, I thought, ‘I have met very few hearts that are so kind.’  [Excerpt from an address by Pedro Arrupe, S.J., to the Eucharistic Youth Movement in September 1979.]

Reflect on the times a simple gesture was offered to you and how you received it.

May God Be Praised.





No comments:

Post a Comment