Monday, October 2, 2023

Blog Post 10/02/2023 – One of my favorite stories

 

One of my favorite stories

An Academy Award-winning actress Marcia Gary Harden played her best role for the Make-A-Wish Foundation portraying Snow White for Bonnie, a little girl dying of cancer.  Snow White was Bonnie’s favorite movie & she wanted to meet Snow White, so the date was set.  As Marcia was preparing for her bedside Performance, a casting agency called her to audition for a new Olive Stone movie.  The auditions were scheduled for the same day as her Snow White performance.  Neither could be changed, her hospital performance for Bonnie or her chance for the Oliver Stone movie.

 

After a sleepless night & many tears Marcia decided to keep her promise to the little girl.  When Marcia [Snow White] entered the room Bonnie’s face lit up.  After the performance Bonnie asked Snow White, “When I die, will the prince kiss me and then I’ll wake up again?” 

 

The room fell silent as Marcia (Snow White) tried to think of what to say to Bonnie.  Finally, she said, “No, Bonnie, It is even better.  When you get to heaven, God will kiss you and then you’ll wake up again.”  Years later, Marcia said of that moment: “At that moment in the hospital room with Bonnie …. I knew that I was exactly where I was meant to be, playing exactly the role I was meant to play.”  [Connections, April 2008]

 

 

One day we like Bonnie will go to sleep and wake up with God in heaven, it will be a moment of utter bliss, our life’s journey will be completed, and our eternal journey will commence.

 

May God Be Praised.






No comments:

Post a Comment