Sunday, August 20, 2023

Blog Post 8/20/2023 – Seek Yourself in God

 

Read St Teresa of Avila’s  “Seek Yourself In Me” poem slowly allowing God into your heart:

 

 

“It was by love that you were made,

Lovely and beautiful to be.

So, though it’s true that you have strayed,

Upon my heart you are portrayed –

Soul, seek yourself in me.

In you, dear Soul, I am confined.

You are my dwelling and my home.

And, even if one day I find

Closed-fast the portals of your mind,

I’ll beg for entrance when I come.

O Search for me not far away

For, if you would attain to me,

You only need my name to say

And I am there without delay.

Soul, seek yourself in me.”

 

The Lord seeks you day and night, allow God total access to your heart.

May God Be Praised.






No comments:

Post a Comment