Friday, May 20, 2022

Blog Post – 5/20/2022 - What will today bring?

St. Francis de Sales, “Do not worry ….”

One of the best newspaper cartoons of all time is Calvin and Hobbes. One day Calvin and Hobbes come marching into the living room early one morning. His mother is seated there in her favorite chair. She is sipping her morning coffee. She looks up at young Calvin. She is amused and amazed at how he is dressed.

 

Calvin's head is encased in a large space helmet. A cape is draped around his neck, across his shoulders, down his back and is dragging on the floor. One hand is holding a flashlight and the other a baseball bat.

 "What's up today?" asks his mom.

 "Nothing, so far," answers Calvin.

 "So far?" she questions.

"Well, you never know," Calvin says, "Something could happen today." Then Calvin marches off, "And if anything does, by golly, I'm going to be ready for it!"

 Calvin's mom looks out at the readers of the comic and says, "I need a suit like that!"

That's the way many of us feel as we see the news and deal with life.

Sometimes this world seems quite violent, and people seem to be at each other's throats.

A suit like that would help, so we can say with Calvin, "Whatever may come my way, I'm going to be ready for it! Bring it on!"

Well, I don't have a suit like Calvin's to give you this morning, but I do have Jesus’ Word “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

Trust in His Word, Trust in His Care and Trust that He is with you each step of your day, each step of your life.


May God Be Praised!

 

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment