Sunday, May 8, 2022

Blog Post – 5/08/202 - Mother's Day

 

                                                         

 

Today we honor our Moms and it is a good time to reflect on the many lessons we learned  from our Moms, so with a little humor let's pray for and remember our Mothers.

 

*

 

“My mother taught me religion. She used to say things like, ‘You better pray that comes out of the carpet.’

 

My mother taught me medicine: ‘If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they're going to freeze that way.’

 

My mother taught me how to be a contortionist: ‘Will you look at the dirt on the back of your neck!’

 

My mother taught me to appreciate a job well done: ‘If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning!’

 

My mother taught me about genetics: ‘You are just like your father!’

 

My mother taught me logic: ‘Because I said so, that's why.’ [Sermons.com, 5/08/2022]

 

May God Be Praised, especially for the gift of Motherhood.  I pray today for my Mom, for my wife Joanne, my daughter Elizabeth, my daughter-in-laws Laurie and Amy - they are the best Moms I know.


*The image is available at the Salesian Shop https://www.salesianshop.com/the-sacred-artwork-of-bro-mickey-mcgrath/





2 comments: