Monday, April 4, 2022

Blog Post 4/04/2022 – Our Lenten Journey - Cheerfulness, Crosses & Hope

 


 

Our Lenten Journey - Cheerfulness, Crosses & Hope

 

St. Philip Neri said, "Cheerfulness strengthens the heart and makes us persevere in a good life. Therefore, the servant of God ought always to be in good spirits."

 

Today let me offer you this Litany for your reflection during Lent:

“For putting second things first …

Lord have mercy!

 

For not rejoicing in God’s love …

Lord have mercy!

 

For getting lost in what doesn’t matter …Lord have mercy!

 

For cluttering my life, & the lives of those dear to me …

Lord, have mercy!

 

For collecting things at the expense of people …

Lord, have mercy!

 

For simple gifts … I thank you Lord!

For your presence in my life … I thank you Lord!

For your love … I thank you Lord!

For knowing my name … I thank you Lord!

For reminding me what really matters … I thank you Lord!

 

If possible, pray these petitions on your knees in front of the Blessed Sacrament.

 

Our Lady of Perpetual Help, intercede for us.

St. Michael, ask God to help the Ukrainians.

May God Be Praised and your day be Blessed.

 

“God of Peace, in Lent you draw us together to witness the depth of your love for us. Allow that love now to intercede in the invasion of Ukraine. Rescue your children. Unite our family. End this war.”  Amen. [Tatyana Borodina]

 

And with St. Francis de Sales let us remember, "We shall steer safely through every storm, so long as our heart is right, our intention fervent, our courage steadfast, and our trust fixed on God."






1 comment: