Saturday, April 6, 2019







 Homily 4/05/19
In today’s Gospel the Feast of the Tabernacles was near; that feast had three major features:
1.    the Jews gathered to remember God, who provided for them in the Wilderness
2.    to look forward to the Messianic Age
3.    unique because Gentiles were invited to Jerusalem along with the Jews.
Some begin to ask, “Could Jesus be the Christ?

Fr. Henri Nouwen asked these three ?s:
1.    “How am I to let myself be found by him?”
2.    “How am I to let myself be known by God?”
3.    “How am I to let myself be loved by God?”
{The Return of the Prodigal Son: A Story of Homecoming, by Henri Nouwen}

Fr. Gerhard Lohfink in his book, Jesus of Nazareth: What He wanted, Who He Was asserts the early Christian communities believed Jesus Christ was true man and true God, fully united with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

So take a little time this evening and during the remainder of Lent, to reflect on Jesus as true man and Jesus as true God.

How can I be found by Him, be known by Him and be loved by Him?

May God Be Praised!





No comments:

Post a Comment