Wednesday, December 12, 2018




I had the privilege of offering the Grace at the Annual McDevitt Christmas Party this past Sunday, God blessed me when I married Joanne McDevitt [my wife 48 years ago] a wonderful woman from a wonderful family. 

“Let us begin as we begin all things, In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.  Amen.




We pause for a moment aware of God’s presence among us.  Today we give thanks for the memories of Christmas Parties – gone-by: the laughter, the singing, the sharing, and the dinners, BUT most especially we remember those who have now joined You – Dear God – ‘in the land of the living’.  We give thanks to You for them: their spirit, their love, and their faith.

In Psalms we pray, ‘My heart is ready, O God, my heart is ready. I will sing, I will sing your praise.  Awake, my soul, awake lyre and harp, I will awake the dawn.’

As we continue our Advent preparations – we renew our hearts and singing our songs to help us to see You, the dawn of our lives.  Bless the crosses You have given us to bear!  Bless the food we are about to eat.  Bless those who prepared it and those who will serve it.  Bless those family members who were unable to join us this afternoon.  Bless those who are new to our family this year and we thank you for each of them, Dear Lord.

We pray for the strength and the courage to help those with little or no food, those with little or no family and those with little or no faith.  May our lives reflect Your light and Your love to them and to all those who need it.

Together we pray, Bless us O Lord for these thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Your goodness through Christ Our Lord. Amen.

May the blessing of Almighty God be upon us today and every day, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.  Amen.

Bon Appetite!

Grace Offered at the 2018 McDevitt Christmas Party [12/09/18]

May God Be Praised!





No comments:

Post a Comment