Tuesday, October 15, 2019




A story about a man named “Al”

Not all dads appear to be so sterling at first.  A man tells of someone he knew named Al, who had lost a son. Then his wife left him, and he had to raise their other child, then six years old, alone.


Unable to cope, he turned to alcohol.  Eventually, Al lost everything, and died alone in a motel room.  The man thought “What a complete failure!”  “What a totally wasted life!”

As time went by, he began to re-evaluate his earlier harsh judgment. He knew Al’s adult son, Ernie who was one of the kindest, most caring, most loving men he had ever met.  
He watched Ernie with his children and saw the free flow of love between them.  He knew that the kindness and the caring had to come from somewhere.
One day the man worked up my courage to ask Ernie: “I’m really puzzled by something,” "I know your father was basically the only one to raise you.  What on earth did he do that you became such a special person?”


Ernie sat quietly and reflected for a few moments.  Then he said, “From my earliest memories as a child until I left home at eighteen, my dad came into my room every night, gave me a kiss, and said, ‘ I love you, son.”
Tears came to the man’s eyes as he realized what a fool I had been to judge Al as a failure, because although he had not left any material possessions behind.  He had been a kind and loving father, and he left behind a fine & giving man.  We never know the impact that we have on people.  Let the Father of us all be our guiding light through His Son Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit – One God today and forever.

The poet John Donne wrote, “God never says, you should have come yesterday; he never says, you must come again tomorrow, but today if you will hear his voice, today he will hear you… All occasions invite his mercies, and all time are his seasons.”

God is waiting for you right now, go to the Lord!

May God Be Praised!




No comments:

Post a Comment